There are some small parts which is easily ignored by Diesel Generator set owner.
These suit for cummins, perkins,MTU, volvo,Yuchai,weichai series diesel generator set.
About diesel generator set starter motor, charging generator, battery maintenance and repair
1. Starter motor maintenance and maintenance
The starter motor for starting a diesel engine is a DC series motor that operates for a short period of time. In order to make it work properly and prolong its service life, it must be properly maintained and maintained.
(1) Since the starter motor is designed for short-term operation, the running time of each starter motor should not exceed 10 s . If it is impossible to start at one time, when starting a second start, the starting time interval of 2 starts should be no less than 40S.
(2) When the diesel engine and the starter motor do not stop rotating, do not press the start button again, otherwise the gear and the ring gear will be severely impacted and damaged.
(3) When the diesel engine fails to start three times in a row , the cause of the fault should be checked and eliminated before it can be started again to avoid expanding the fault.
(4) When the diesel engine is started, immediately release the start button to return the gear from the engaged position and stop working.
(5) Always check if the connection of the starter motor fastener is firm, the wire contact is good, and the wire insulation is damaged.
(6) Regularly check whether the surface of the starter motor commutator is smooth, whether the carbon brush is stuck, and whether the carbon brush spring pressure is normal. If the surface of the commutator is found to have a large spark or severe ablation and the carbon brush is excessively worn, repair and replace the carbon brush.
(7) After 1000 hours of operation of the diesel engine , the gears and bearings of the starter motor should be lubricated.
(8) Regularly remove dust and keep the inside of the starter motor clean.
2. Charging generator maintenance and maintenance
The charging generators used in diesel engines all use silicon rectifier generators. In order to ensure its normal operation, it must be properly maintained and maintained.
(1) Each type of charging generator must be used in conjunction with the corresponding relay regulator and battery. The wiring should be correct and firm, especially if the positive and negative poles are not connected correctly , otherwise the generator and regulator will be damaged.
(2) When the charging generator is running, it is not allowed to use a metal object such as a screwdriver to short the positive electrode to the casing or the negative pole to observe whether there is a spark to judge whether the generator generates electricity or it is easy to burn the component.
(3) 1000 hours per charge generator, the front and rear bearing grease should be replaced once, the bearing grease to fill the chamber preferably 2/3, or likely to cause an overflow of grease on the stick slip ring The slip ring is in poor contact with the carbon brush, which affects the performance of the generator.
(4) The scale on the charging generator should be removed frequently, and the oil in the collector ring and coil should be cleaned with gasoline.
(5) Regularly check the stator, rotor and rectifier components of the charging generator for de-soldering, short-circuit and open circuit.
(6) Check if the charcoal brush wear condition and spring pressure of the charging generator are normal, and the carbon brush should be worn excessively.
(7) Regularly check the charging generator's stator and rotor insulation conditions, and check whether the brush holder and the outlet screw are well insulated to the ground. If the insulation resistance is too low, it should be treated.
3. Battery maintenance and maintenance
(1) The battery should always be in a state of charge. In operation, the charging generator performs frequent charging, and the charging current is automatically adjusted by the charging generator regulator . After the battery is discharged, it should be charged within 24 hours to avoid plate vulcanization, reduce capacity and even damage.
(2) The electrolyte liquid level of the battery should be kept 10 to 15 mm above the edge of the plate. When the liquid level drops, distilled water should be added, and river water, well water and concentrated sulfuric acid should not be added.
(3) The battery that has been charged and left unused will be recharged at least once a month. At the same time, no matter how long the diesel engine working conditions and how the battery every three months should be checked of charge.
(4) The air hole of the battery injection hole plug should be kept clear. The battery casing, cover, clamps and electric pile head should be cleaned frequently to prevent dust and debris from entering the battery. When cleaning the clamp, it can be wiped with a cloth soaked in ammonia or 10% bicarbonate or soda solution, then wiped dry and coated with industrial petroleum jelly.
(5) The battery is not allowed to be subjected to violent tapping and collision to prevent the active material of the plate from falling off and damaging the plate.
(6) Prevent the battery from being insufficiently charged, the charging current is too large, the long-term small current discharge, the excessive discharge and the discharge are not timely charged, so as to reduce the plate vulcanization.
(7) When using the battery in a cold area, pay attention to heat preservation and increase the specific gravity of the electrolyte to prevent freezing due to a decrease in the specific gravity of the electrolyte. For example, when the use temperature is below -40 ° C, the electrolyte should be increased than in 1.30~1.32 (measured value 20 ° C).
(8) When the battery is used at low temperature, the battery discharge capacity may be insufficient due to the deterioration of its discharge performance and the increase of the starting motor torque. At this time, two sets of batteries may be connected in parallel to increase the capacity.